Nov 8, 2010

Millet Porridge with Squash

My stomach feels sick again today. It is a genetic issue from my mom's side that most of her brothers have weak stomachs, and I seems to get it too. Although not that bad like others, it tortures me from time to time. The annoying thing is that it never gives me a sign when it is not happy, when it comes, it comes.
One day I learned that winter squash seems to be very good for stomach. The pectin it contains will form a nature protection for the stomach wall. And the millet is mild enough to eat together. Now this porridge becomes a good friend of mine. Especially now is the season for those beautiful squashes.
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of millet
- 4 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- pureed squash (butternut of other kinds you like)
I am not very strict when comes to cooking. Most time I cook from scratch. This one is the same. The amount of squash added depends on personal taste. Boil water together with millet, lower the heat and simmer until the water reduced to half. Stir in squash puree and cook for another 15 minutes. Season with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment