Nov 3, 2010

Cranberry and Pineapple Yogurt Cake

This was supposed to be a Pear Yogurt Cake based on the recipe. But I like to make changes depends on what ingredients I have. So my version became  Cranberry and Pineapple Yogurt Cake, since I still have some cranberry and pineapple left from baking other stuff. I have never baked any cake using just yogurt in my life, so I was a bit surprised to see that only yogurt was used here. I have some "year-long" yogurt in the fridge (it's sitting there and I completely forgot it) so it's a perfect recipe to use it up. The cake rose up surprisingly high, almost flow out the pan. The result was that the center of the cake was completely raw after 30 minutes baking. I extended 10 more minutes to let the cake set in the oven. the top was brown though it still came out a bit runny in the middle. The texture was spongy like but slightly dry, guess I let it sit in the oven too long. However, the taste was pretty good. I love the tart and sweet combination from the fruit topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment