Sep 20, 2011

Herb Roast Chicken

This is the first time in my entire life that I bought a whole chicken. Also, my first to roast a chicken. I like rotisserie chicken but never had good experience of store bought one. No matter what flavor they are branded, like lime roasted, BBQ roasted or lemon pepper roasted, all are way too try and bland. This time I made my mind to roast my own chicken. The method is based on Ina's Perfect Roast Chicken but I modified a lot. So this was how: I seriously salt the chicken inside and out the night I bought it. The next day I stuffed the cavity with thyme, lime, garlic and lemongrass. I chopped some basil and garlic mixed with oil and stuff the mixture underneath the skin. Some butter was rubbed on the skin and the chicken was roasted under 400F for 1.25 hour. After coming out of the oven, the chicken was rested cool before cutting. The picture was taken last night before cutting and now only 1/4 was left. That tells how good it is. Even the breast was succulent and flavorful. I am so proud of myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment