Apr 25, 2011

Coconut Cake with Lemon Curd Filling

The cake is the finish of the lemon curd I made days ago. I was quite disappointed to the cake by the presentation until bite into it. I worried that the cake would be dry because it looks dry, and I froze them for 2 days. Also I was not happy about the garnish coconut because it didn't look flaky enough. I was picky about the color of the cream cheese frosting because it's not white enough so the entire cake can look like a snow ball. But nothing matters when I tasted it. It was not dry at all. The lemon curd is tangy while has the right sweetness to balance it. Nothing to complain about the frosting, as I always love the not-too-sweet cream cheese frosting.  I almost put this recipe into the "will not make again" category, however it saved itself. The recipe is here, while I didn't use the frosting listed. This is the first 4 layer cake I have ever made. Although the color lemon curd is fused with the cake itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment