Apr 3, 2011

Chocolate Cheesecake

I baked this cheesecake last night. It is one of the items on my long to-do list. I have some super good 99% unsweetened chocolate given by friends and finally they shine in this recipe. I like the store bought cheesecake but they are usually too sweet to my taste. While for home-made version, I can control how much sugar to put in and just use complete bitter chocolate, which I am more fond of than regular semi-sweet chocolate. After a long overnight waiting, I had a small slice today and share some with friends. It tasted superb. The texture is silkily smooth and light. The chocolate flavor is deep and intense. The bitter cocoa flavor works great with the sweet Oreo crust. The recipe can be found here, from Joy of Baking.  Pictures from top to bottom: cooled cheesecake with ganache, naked cake right out of the oven, sliced view, cut view.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment